Sunday, November 4, 2007

Scouting

I haven't posted in a while but lately I was thinking about my scouting experiences and remembered being put in as an Asst. Scoutmaster. I thought how will I be able to accomplish such a thing there are camping trips, hikes, and service projects how could I best serve my boys. I had a lot to think of but I love the scouting program and jumped right in with all 4 wheels. Here I am with some of my scouts at that first trip most are Eagle's now and I am proud that I had a small part in their accomplishments. All of those boys with whom took my first camping trip in a chair with have gone on to bigger and better things some are married, some are serving missions, and some are preparing for their turn as Scoutmaster. I no longer am a Asst. SM I serve the scouting organization in other ways now but i will never forget my boys and our first camping trip.

No comments: