Saturday, January 17, 2009

Resort Summit

OK, so after Christmas vacation I decided I need to have a vacation, thus my visit to my favorite resort. Most would not think that our local hospital would qualify as a resort but I DO. First of all I have an infection in my hip, that is the reason that I took my vacation of sorts. Webster Dictionary Defination: Resort 1 a: one that affords aid or refuge : resource resort> b: recourse 1a resort to outside help>2 a: frequent, habitual, or general visiting resort> b: persons who frequent a place : throng c (1): a frequently visited place : haunt (2): a place providing recreation and entertainment especially to vacationers

Now let me continue with my dissertation. Our local hospital recently made some major improvements. Last year they completed there patient tower. This 5 story tower was built with the patient in mind. They are large enough for someone in a wheelchair with all their equipment. There is plenty of room for large family visits. A couch that converts into a bed is plenty conformable for a care partner to stay the night. Holly won't spend a night with me, she tried once and had a horrible night sleep. Nurses were in ever hour and half to do something. I am used to this, having spent way to many moons in hospitals. Each room is also equiped with a 23" flat screen T.V., and my personal favorite Wi-Fi. Under neath the T.V. is a big white board that is used to communacate information to all concerened parties, the nurse, the patient, the doctor, and the families ect.

So now that I have a Hotel Room with T.V. and Wi-Fi. Let's talk a little about the food. Most hospital's send the same thing to everyone at eight, twelve, and five. When I'm on vacation, I don't want to get up that early I may also want to eat later at night. Enter my favioret resort. They have room service, you heard me right ROOM SERVICE. Wake up and order what you want. Get hungry order again and hour later order again its that easy. At dinner time I order two dinners and latter at night bam! I have another meal, as Taco Bell puts it 4th meal. Order your food and within 45 min you have hot and freash food.

Now for my third of three qualification of a resort. Somthing to look at. Nurses taking care of you getting you water, soda pop, crackers, scratching your back, and of course a sponge bath (he he). I really like my resort. My wife also like her vacation from taking care of me. Only problom is my best'es frind, life coach, cuteist, cuddly bug, and everything girl is not here with me. I will be home soon via Tucson Dear.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your sense of humor!

Amy J said...

You're hilarious!

Amy J said...

You're hilarious!